I love them in and on everything from hummus pizza to green curry to crepes. I don’t know what was wrong with me back then but mushrooms are my go-to for when I need some vegan meatiness in a recipe.
Great for grilling and stuffing! They’re small enough to be served alone as an appetizer but large enough to hold their own as a main dish when served with a salad, soup and bread.
How to make vegan stuffed mushrooms :
For the vegan stuffed mushrooms
- 14 medium to large white mushrooms (mine measured 5 – 6 cm / 2 – 2.5 inches)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing the mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more for sprinkling the mushroom caps
- Pepper, to taste
For the parsley-lemon dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- The zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Start with the dressing to give the flavours time to develop. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and taste. Adjust the level of acidity, saltiness and lemon to your liking. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and dice them finely.
- Vìsìt vegan stuffed mushrooms @ cilantroandcitronella.com for full ìnstructìons and recìpe notes.