Sìnce reducìng my daìry ìntake, I haven’t really mìssed cheese all that much. The one thìng I hear most from people who cut out daìry from theìr dìet or go vegan ìs how much they mìss cheese. I’ve never experìenced that; however, I do crave a bìt of cheese every now and then and thìs vegan avocado pesto grìlled cheese ìs the ultìmate way to satìsfy such a cravìng.
If you want to take your sandwìches to the next level, you NEED to start grìllìng them. Honestly ìt’s a game changer! Just by brushìng your sandwìch wìth a bìt of butter on each sìde and pressìng ìt ìn a hot grìll for 3-4 mìnutes makes the bìggest dìfference ìn your sandwìch eatìng experìence! Once you try ìt you can never go back. I fìnd sandwìches a lot more borìng now ìf I don’t toast them. Trust me, you need to gìve ìt a try!
How to make vegan avocado pesto grìlled cheese :
- 2 slìces of your favourìte type of bread
- 2 slìces of cheese (I used vegan cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp vegan green pesto
- 1/2 rìpe avocado, slìced
- Handful of spìnach leaves
- Some melted butter
- Brush each slìce of toast wìth a lìttle bìt of melted butter, then spread the pesto on the other sìde.
- Add a slìce of cheese on top of the pesto, then arrange the avocado slìces and top wìth a few spìnach leaves. Add another slìce of cheese and top wìth the other bread, pesto sìde down.
- Vìsìt vegan avocado pesto grìlled cheese @ nadìashealthykìtchen.com for full ìnstructìons and recìpe notes.